Demolition work requires a certain level of expertise and here at Killoughery we have over 50 years of it. Our demolition clients vary from major international facilities developers, architects, surveyors and local authorities to single housing projects spanning through London and the Home Counties. The majority of work undertaken is on recommendation therefore client satisfaction is a priority. We go that extra step to make sure that the job is done to the satisfaction of the client involved. After all “we are only as good as our last job”.
Over the years of being in business we have also carried out several major town and city centre projects as principal demolition contractor and as sub contractor, complying with all legislation and safety requirements.
We currently adhere to all the aspects of CDM 2015 Regulations.
Our fleet of excavators are all fully equipped with attachments that mean we can adapt to specific tasks. The attachments include:
- Steel and concrete shears
- Universal processors
- Selector grabs
- Hydraulic breakers
- Quick hitch couplers
Our traditional services consist of Long Reach demolition, Floor by Floor demolition and Industrial Dismantling.
High Reach Demolition
A Cost Effective Method For Your Project…
High Reach Demolition allows us to reduce the risk of our operatives working at height. Wherever possible and if appropriate to do so, we recommend the use of our Ultra High Reach and High Reach Excavators as the most cost effective way to demolish a variety of structures.
Whether a building is of steel frame or reinforced concrete construction, we are able to attach crackers, hydraulic breakers, metal cutting shears, pulverisers, grapples, grabs or re-handling buckets to these highly versatile pieces of equipment.
Along with the Health and Safety benefits, this technique demonstrates excellent output and productivity over traditional ‘top down demolition’ and can often, when used with Concrete Crackers, completely negate the need to use mini excavators and percussive breakers.
All our High Reach Machines are equipped with an integral dust suppression system that delivers an adjustable water spray directly at the work face, reducing the need for hand held systems.
Another environmental benefit is that the exceptionally low noise emission is extremely advantageous especially when working in busy and confined inner city sites.
- Considerate and, efficient service
- Competitive pricing
- We meet your deadlines
- Own plant and equipment
- All certificates and licenses
To make the most of our demolition material and minimise amounts going to landfill we only us the WRAP quality protocol to produce our aggregates. Our percentage target of material to landfill from demolition projects is 1%, at the moment the average is 1.5%.
We endeavour to complete all operations on site, but where access is tight and crushing is not an option, we can remove the material to one of our recycling centres (Mitcham, Purfleet, Shepperton) where we process, crush, and grade the raw material to create a suitable and sustainable recycled aggregate for either the piling mat re-instatement, where applicable, or if the site is to be left clear, we will provide the aggregate to the open market in full compliance with the highway specification.
We compete in all sectors from Industrial demolition and building strip out works to the safe dismantling of high rise / tower block buildings, housing and commercial dwellings.
Chesterfield House, Wembley, HA9 (current)
Chesterfield House is a strategic site in the heart of Wembley Central, currently occupied by a rather unloved office building. The site is to be redeveloped to provide 239 apartments, retail space, a public square and a community centre.
- The safe and managed demolition of the 7 story office/retail building. The 7 stories include the demolition of 2 reinforced concrete car park levels with retail units located at road side on ground level.
- Reduced dig with the removal of foundations which are estimated to be 2-3 meters deep.
- Where manageable all founditons and demolition debris are to be crushed on site to produce material for re-use in the pile mat. This will help reducing HGV traffic in and out of site.
- With the building situated on the corner of Wembley High Road and Park Lane and residential properties flanking the rear of the site it is essential that we negate any possible disturbance to residents and businesses alike. A diligent plan has been designed to minimise any affect to include the further suppression of dust and noise. We also aim for the demolition to ground level withing 6 weeks.
- The location of an Contained Electrical Distribution Substation at the base of the building which has to be maintained and unaffected. A solution has been presented to cut around the Substation, box it in with reinforced concrete and applying a waterproof membrane.
St Johns Hill, Battersea, London, SW11
Demolition and enabling works package. Demolition of 5 no residential accommodation buildings for the regeneration of the Battersea area. The estate is managed by Peabody Estates and the buildings dated back to 1930’s. We worked in conjunction with General Demolition and principal contractor was John Sisk.
Challenges: With the project being adjacent to one of the busiest rail stations in Britain (Clapham Junction) all operations had to be planned in conjunction with Network rail requirements so as not interfere or jeopardise the smooth running of the rail service.
Also due to the sensitive location of the project, close to residential properties, a ‘Real Time’ noise and vibration monitoring regime was installed.
Time period 14 weeks, actual time, 13 weeks
- Demolition, remediation and enabling works for the redevelopment of this 2.5 acre site ready for residential use.
- Demolish 5 no. 4 story buildings in a safe and manageable way suppressing dust, debris and noise.
- Removal of extensive foundations which were found to be in excess of 2m deep.
- Removal of existing foundations across the site and the crushing of demolition debris to produce material for re-use in the pile mat. Further reducing lorry movements to and from site.
- Completion of the works with minimal disruption to neighbours and within programme.
- Highly commended by the client in achieving challenging programme and site constraints, delivering on time and budget.
- Further works are now being procured with the client based on the delivery of this project.
Press House, London NW10
Demolition and reduced dig of former Neasden Press Works, a 1960’s building no longer fit for purpose.
Client: Brown Constructon
Time period 8 weeks, actual time 7 weeks
- Demolition of 6 story press works development spanning 1.5 acres
- Remediation and enabling works for the redevelopment of site.
- Removal of existing foundations across the site and the crushing of demolition debris to produce material for re-use in the pile mat. Reducing lorry movements to and from site.
- Due to the sites close proximity to residential housing and busy roads a strategy of works was comprised to minimise any external impact. This included dust and noise suppression and the limitation of traffic to and from site.
- We won acclaim from the client for delivering a demanding programme of works in a safe and timely manner.
- Works were completed with minimal disruption to local residents.
- Further works are are underway with the client based on our professionalism and ability to deliver.